Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Passes by Quick like a Bunny

I went home for Easter weekend, and it was a real treat.  I was glad to leave DC for a spell and see my folks.  My family spent Easter at my sister's house on James Island.  We took part in our Easter traditions--dyeing eggs (with Paas dye of course), making a bunny cake, exchanging Easter baskets, Easter lunch, and observing the meaning of the day's celebration.  The only things missing were new Easter Sunday dresses and Sam and Libby ballet flats from bygone years.  The day went by too quickly.  Fun days like that one always slip by so fast.

My sister and I have always dyed Easter eggs.  There are pictures of us when we were little dyeing eggs and here we are at 31 and 27 still doing it.



Me.


Kristen


The products of our labor.  They turned out much better than in years past.  We used lemon juice instead of vinegar to activate the dye tablets this go round.  That could be why.



The bunny cake.  Yum!  It's from a mix, Funfetti mix to be exact, but the icing is homemade, and I could eat a tub of it.  The icing job was mine, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with my decorative skills.  Let me add, I did not feel bad cutting into this cutesy bunny after our meal.



1 comment: